- 1 (14-ounce) can of sliced artichokes
- 16 ounces of cream cheese at room temperature
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons flour (see note)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 clove of garlic, very finely minced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper
- 6 ounces of baby spinach leaves, chopped into roughly 1-inch pieces
- For Serving
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 7 x 10 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all dip ingredients, stirring until completely mixed. Spoon into prepared bake dish, smoothing the top. Bake for 25 minutes until just lightly browned on top.
- Slice baguette inch thick and brush slices on both sides with olive oil. Broil for 3 – 4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
-The dip should be served while warm. To make ahead, combine all ingredients in the bake dish, wrap tightly and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before baking.
Baguette slices may be broiled several hours ahead of serving. Keep at room temperature, uncovered until serving time.
-For Gluten Free diners: the flour in this recipe is necessary to keep the fresh spinach from causing the dip to be watery. For a Gluten Free version, simply toss the spinach leaves with 2 tablespoons Gluten Free flour before stirring them into the rest of the ingredients.