- 1 20 oz. can cubed pineapplecrushed would work too
- 1 15 oz. can tropical fruit mix
- 2 tbsp. corn starch
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 package 18.25oz. orange cake mix (I used Duncan Hines Orange Supreme, but any one would work)
- 10 oz. a little over two sticks butter
- 1/2 c Instant Oatmeal
- First, drain all of the juice from the tropical fruit and maybe 1/3 of the juice from the pineapple into a bowl. Add the corn starch and sugar and mix well…there should be no lumps. Put in a pan (I like using a small omelet pan, but a sauce pan would work too) over low to medium heat with 2tbsp. of the butter and thicken up…it should become the consistency of pie filling. Add a little more corn starch if it doesn’t get thick enough.
- In the meantime, dump the rest of the fruit (with the remaining juice) in a greased Pyrex dish (I really have no idea what size it is…not the biggest one in the Pyrex set, but the next biggest).
- Once the juice mixture thickens up on the stove, pour it on top of the fruit in the Pyrex.
- Pour the cake mix over that.
- Mix in the oatmeal to the cake mix (just kind of sprinkle it over and mix it in with your fingers).
- Melt the rest of the butter and pour on top evenly…it should cover all of the cake mix.
- Put in the oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Serve with ice cream.