One of our local grocery stores offers this fantastic jalapeno popper mac salad, super creamy, tasty, but you can only imagine the sodium. Yikes! So,…Jalapeno Popper Mac Salad
• 1 small watermelon (3 pounds), rind removed, cut into 1-inch chunks, and chilled • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil • 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice or lemon juice • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt • Small pinch of freshly ground black pepper • 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves • 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
In a small mixing bowl, combine oil, lemon or lime juice, salt, and pepper. Step 2
Pour the dressing over the chilled watermelon along with the mint. Toss very gently and sprinkle with feta.
• 2 large limes, divided • 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced • 1 1/4 teaspoons granulated sugar, divided • 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided, plus more to taste • 1 clove garlic, finely chopped • 1/4 cup packed finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves, plus whole leaves and tender stems for serving • 1/4 cup olive oil • 1 medium head butter lettuce (about 1 pound), such as Boston or Bibb, chopped • 2 Persian cucumbers, or 1 medium English cucumber, thinly sliced • 6 ounces multi-colored cherry tomatoes (about 1 cup), halved • 2 large ripe peaches, pitted and sliced • 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled • 1/4 cup roasted, salted pumpkin seeds (pepitas) • Freshly ground black pepper
Grate the zest of 1 large lime finely. In a small bowl, add 1 teaspoon of the zest and reserve the rest of the zest for the salad topping. Juice the lime and add 1 tablespoon to the bowl. Step 2
Add 1/4 teaspoon of the sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Add half of the red onion slices and toss to coat. Set aside for at least 15 minutes. Step 3
Add the following to another small bowl: juice from the remaining 1 1/2 limes, garlic, 1/4 cup cilantro, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt. Whisk to combine. Step 4
In a large salad bowl, add lettuce, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, peaches, and feta cheese. Step 5
Garnish the salad with pumpkin seeds, onion (discard the remaining liquid), lime zest, and additional cilantro. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and add salt and pepper to taste.
An OUTRAGEOUSLY delicious recipe that’s a copycat from a high-end, popular NYC brunch spot! This Citrus Chicken Kale Salad is kissed with juicy …Citrus Chicken (or Shrimp!) Kale Salad
- 2 medium daikon radishes (about 1-1/4 pounds each), peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 cups shredded cabbage (about 1/2 small)
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans (2 inch)
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 piece fresh gingerroot (1 inch), thinly sliced
- 2 Thai chili or serrano peppers, halved lengthwise, seeded if desired
- 2 cups rice vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Place first 8 ingredients in a large nonreactive bowl. Place vinegar, sugar and salt in a 2-cup or larger glass measure; microwave until warm, 2-3 minutes. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Stir into vegetables. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour before serving.
- To serve, sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with a slotted spoon.
3/4 cup: 99 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 794mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
- Yield6 Servings
- Time spentPrep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 0 Minutes|Total time: 15 Minutes
FOR THE SALAD
- 2 green peppers, cut in strips
- 2 orange peppers, cut in strips
- 2 apples, cut in strips (not necessary to peel)
- 8 medium radishes, cut in strips
- 2 cups jicama, cut into strips
FOR THE DRESSING
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped mint
FOR THE SALAD
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.Pour the dressing over the top and toss to combine. Refrigerate before serving.
FOR THE DRESSING
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing:• 1/2 cup light mayonnaise • 1 tablespoon lemon zest • 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice • 3 tablespoons honey • 2 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds • 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste Salad:• 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, grilled then cooled 10 minutes and diced • 8 ounces baby spinach • 2 1/2 cups sliced strawberries • 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, lightly toasted • 1 large avocado, peeled and diced • 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled • 1/3 cup chopped red onion
Create the lemon poppy seed dressing by whisking all ingredients together in a mixing bowl until well combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
In a large salad bowl, layer spinach and chicken then continue layering all remaining ingredients. Once you are ready to serve, pour dressing over the salad contents, toss well, and serve.
• 1 15 oz. can chickpeas (garbanzo beans) • 2 tablespoons olive oil, separated • 4 cups chopped fresh kale stems removed • 1 tablespoon lemon juice • salt and pepper • 4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese • Caesar salad dressing
Drain and rinse chickpeas. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Add chickpeas to the skillet and season with a bit of salt and pepper. Roast the chickpeas until golden brown, stirring frequently to avoid burning. Remove from heat and set aside. Step 2
Place the kale, olive oil and lemon juice, and a pinch of salt into a large mixing bowl. Massage the kale with your hands to soften. Step 3
In a large salad bowl, combine the kale, romaine lettuce, cheese, and desired amount of caesar dressing. Top with crispy chickpeas and serve.