PREP TIME 15 minsCHILLING TIME 1 hrTOTAL TIME 1 hr 15 minsCOURSE DessertCUISINE AmericanSERVINGS 10 servingsCALORIES 246 kcal
- Blender or Food Processor
- Loaf Pan or Ice Cream Container (optional)
- 2.5 Cups Frozen Pineapple Chunks
- 13.5 FL OZ Can Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 13.5 FL OZ Can Unsweetened Coconut Cream
- Place coconut milk and coconut cream in the fridge overnight to cool.
- When ready to make, scoop out the coconut cream from the can of coconut cream and coconut milk, keeping the clear liquid to the side until step 4. Place the thicker cream into the blender/food processor.
- Add the frozen pineapple.
- Add ¼ cup of the cold liquid from the coconut cream into the blender/food processor. (Alternatively, use water or coconut water).
- Blend in 30-second intervals, removing the lid to push down the liquid back towards the blades. (May take a few times, but be patient, it will get thick like a smoothie bowl)
- Once smooth, remove blades and serve immediately for soft-serve texture.
- If you’d like to serve in cones like a soft serve, add ice cream into a ziplock bag. Cut off one tip (like a piping bag), and squeeze out into cones or cups.
Optional Scooping Texture
- Carefully transfer the ice cream into a metal loaf pan or ice cream container.
- Cover with plastic to touch the top of the ice cream. Wrap once more with aluminum foil.
- Place in the freezer.
- Freeze for at least 45-60 minutes for a scooping texture.
- DO NOT FREEZE MORE THAN 3 HOURS.
NOTE: This ice cream is intended to eat as soft-serve texture. If you’d like to serve in cones like a soft serve, add ice cream into a ziplock bag. Cut off one tip (like a piping bag), and squeeze out into cones or cups.FOR SCOOPING: For scooping texture, move soft-serve ice cream into a loaf pan or ice cream container. Cover with plastic wrap to touch the mixture and then cover with aluminum foil. Leave in freezer for 45-60+ minutes until scooping texture. DO NOT FREEZE MORE THAN 3 HOURS. It will become a very hard texture and will be difficult to scoop. If you freeze for too long, you can microwave at 30-second intervals until easier to scoop, or let de-thaw for 45-60 minutes on the counter.