- ½ tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 8 oz artichoke hearts chopped and drained (1 cup)
- 2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 large tortillas
- In a large 12 inch frying pan over medium heat combine olive oil and cream cheese until cream cheese has melted, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in minced garlic, artichokes, and spinach. Cook until spinach starts to shrink, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add in mozzarella and parmesan cheese and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- In a clean and dry frying pan over medium heat, place one tortilla in the pan. Scoop out ¼ of the spinach mixture and spread it out across one half of the tortilla. Fold the other half of the tortilla over the filling side. Heat for 1 to 2 minutes per side, until lightly browned.
- Cut into 3 triangles. Repeat steps with remaining mixture and tortillas.
- Serve hot or warm.
Use a dry frying pan because the tortillas would soak up any grease. A dry pan ensures a crispy quesadilla.Be careful not to overfill the tortilla to ensure the filling heats evenly and doesn’t ooze out the sides.Tortillas burn easily; fry on medium heat. The result will be golden, crispy outsides, and melty insides.